As more and more employees work remotely, they’re undoubtedly experiencing a number of challenges.
New hires may have trouble getting up to speed; team members may experience difficulty building rapport; and employees may generally feel uncomfortable asking their colleagues questions.
To help address these challenges, and many others, you can turn to HR chatbots.
We’ll review 3 HR chatbots that can help, but before we do, let’s take a step back and align on what they are and how using one can up-level employee engagement.
Discover additional chatbots you can use and learn more about those outlined below by watching our on-demand webinar, “Top 5 Innovative Chatbots in 2020.”
How an HR Chatbot Can Improve Employee Engagement
An HR chatbot is a type of chatbot that can help you automate your HR-related workflows. It does this by allowing employees to access information from any of their apps and systems within your organization’s chat platform (e.g. Slack), and then address it within the chat (e.g. approving/rejecting a PTO request).
This type of chatbot generally offers 3 benefits for your employees:
- It centralizes your tools. Your employees don’t have to login to individual apps to do their work. They can simply use the messaging platform they’re already on—like Slack, Teams, or Workplace—to access and use any app.
- It helps colleagues meet one another. This not only applies to new hires who are looking to get acquainted with those in and outside of their team, but also longer-tenured employees who may be looking to connect with others.
- It puts the employee experience first. By allowing employees to avoid app-hopping, giving them convenient access to information, and enabling them to celebrate and connect with one another, chatbots can help your organization provide a first-rate employee experience.
With this context in mind, let’s walk through a few specific HR chatbots that can help your team.
1. Help Employees Find Info Independently with Knowledge Bot
Your colleagues likely share a variety of straightforward questions that need to get addressed quickly. These questions fall under topics like:
Instead of forcing certain employees to answer the same questions time and time again, or having employees comb through the knowledge base every time they need help, you can use Knowledge Bot.
Here’s how Knowledge Bot works:
1. When an employee has an issue or question, they can visit Knowledge Bot in their organization’s messaging platform.
2. The employee then has the option of inputting the category issue (e.g. Information Technology) and adding anything related to their issue or question under Search Term.
3. Once the employee hits Apply Filters, Knowledge Bot searches through all of the content across your organization’s knowledge bases in real time, whether it’s Guru, Confluence, Zendesk, etc., and it surfaces a few relevant articles for the employee.
4. The employee can then click on one of the article links to visit its page.
2. Onboard New Hires More Easily with Welcome Bot
When a new hire comes onboard, they’ll likely need help with identifying the channels they should join within your organization’s messaging platform. This is all the more true if they’re working remotely, as the messaging platform can serve as their all-in-one place for uncovering valuable job-specific information and interacting with colleagues.
Welcome Bot can help by sending a message to the new hire on their first day that:
- Asks them to introduce themselves to the wider team in a specific channel
- Shares channels that are specific to their area of interest
- Presents additional channels that can help the new hire stay up-to-date on all kinds of company information
- Offers channels that are filled with fun and casual conversations
On the second day, Welcome Bot can help onboard the new hire even further by sharing a message that:
- Reminds the new hire to introduce themself to the company
- Tells the new hire about key contacts at the organization
- Presents specific resources that the new hire should know about
3. Wish Colleagues a Happy Birthday in a Way That’s Thoughtful with Birthday Bot
When employees work remotely, your options for celebrating their birthdays are inherently limited. That being said, you can still recognize their big day and make it better with Birthday Bot.
Using the HR chatbot, you’ll learn when a birthday from one of your team members is approaching, and you’ll get an opportunity to craft a message for them well in advance.
Once the team member’s birthday arrives, Birthday Bot takes all of the messages from the team and shares it directly with the employee.
You Can Use Workbot to Fill All of Your Internal Chatbot Needs
Workbot, our enterprise platform bot, can be customized to work as any of the chatbots outlined in this page—and many more. Plus, you can use Workbot on a variety of popular messaging platforms, including Slack, Teams, and Workplace, which all but ensures that you can use it at your organization.
To learn more about how you and your team can use Workbot, you can schedule a demo with one of our automation experts!