Now the force is with you!
When we launched our first version of Workbot for Slack back in February, our vision was to promote agility in an organization by enabling everyone in the company to take actions in real-time that are data driven. This meant keeping everyone up-to-date with information that was relevant to them even if it resided in multiple apps; bring in historical perspective through charts and graphs to provide a holistic view of the information; and bring this all in context to help them act on it. This continues to be the main goal of Workbot, i.e. be the bot that is continuously working on your behalf to orchestrate the automation of routine tasks, business processes, and continuously learning to make sure that you have a pulse on things that matter to you and are able to take actions promptly from an interface that is extremely easy to use.
We had no idea how quickly thousands of businesses, from SMBs to Fortune 500 companies, would believe in our vision and jump on board. What we learned from these thousands of businesses is that Salesforce users have some unique needs when it comes to using Salesforce from Slack. A common scenario we heard was the interest in interacting with Salesforce mainly through DMs to get more information that is relevant to them. Salesforce users expect to get notified when there is any new information on their accounts – regardless of whether it is from Salesforce or some other app. For example, say an urgent support ticket is raised by the company they are working to close a deal with, Salesforce users want to be notified even if this message is coming from a support app, like Zendesk. Finally, since every business is different and most Salesforce implementation is custom, they expect the bot to be intelligent enough to understand their specific business and to learn and adapt based on their business.
We built Workbot for Salesforce to specifically address the needs of Salesforce users.
Keep a pulse on your customers
Customers mean everything to you as a Salesforce user. You want to be informed with all the relevant information about your customers as it helps you sell and serve your customer better.
Rather than trying to find the information amongst the firehose of notifications in the various Slack channels, Workbot for Salesforce will send you a DM with any information that you need to know about your account. These notifications can tell you when a new lead is assigned to you, when there’s a change in the status of the account you are working on, and more.
Since Workbot for Salesforce can be connected to over 150 apps, you can also get a DM from other apps regarding your customer. For example:
- Get notified when an urgent customer support ticket is raised in a support application, like Zendesk or ServiceMax, by the customer you are looking to close the deal with.
- If your deal depends on delivering a new feature, receive notifications with status updates on the progress of that feature from a software development tool, like JIRA.
- Get a DM when one of your customers has an overdue invoice from Quickbooks, Xero, Intacct or other accounting apps.
With all the relevant information at your fingertips, you are always in charge!
Get a 360 Degree view of your customers
A typical business uses anywhere from 10 to hundreds of apps. This proliferation of apps results in customer information being scattered across all these apps, making it hard to get a holistic view of your customers. For example Salesforce contains information on where a customer is in the overall sales process, support apps contain information about issues customers are facing, the accounting system contains information about invoices / payments made by your customers and so on.
With Workbot for Salesforce you have the option of connecting more than just Salesforce. Sync up with your support, accounting and project management apps easily to get a complete 360 degree view of your customer, current and historical, across all your apps.
Stay on track with a daily summary of how you are doing
You have a target to hit and it is often not easy to find out how you are tracking to it. Workbot for Salesforce sends you a chart showing your daily summary so that you can easily see your progress towards your target. The daily chart helps you be proactive, identify issues and course-correct faster helping you reach your business goals.
Give Sales More Time to Sell by Creating a Slack Deal Desk
The biggest, most persistent problem that Salesforce customers have has nothing to do with Salesforce itself. Rather, the problem is the sales reps are too busy selling and therefore data collection suffers. Reps should log all their sales activities and updates in Salesforce, like when they do a demo or meet a customer, as well as when something changes like expected deal size, closure date, or competitive info.
Using Workato integrations, we created a set of recipes to make it super easy for sales reps to update even the smallest changes into Salesforce straight from Slack using buttons, drop down lists, and simple commands. With a Deal Desk, sales reps can:
- Get complete, current, and clean pipeline information from Salesforce
- Use RingCentral to track call activity
- Log demos scheduled through Calendly.
- And more!
The best part is they can do all of this without leaving Slack. You can read the entire how-to here, or you can get started with these recipes:
- Providing a list of users with open opportunities every Friday.
- Providing a list of user with open opportunities on-demand.
- Callable recipe that both (1) and (2) call for the main logic of this process.
- Update opportunity recipe with buttons.
- New Calendly event creates a corresponding task in Salesforce
- Update task in Salesforce through Workbot
- Add worklog to JIRA issue from Workbot
- Log Demo in Salesforce
- Update Salesforce Opportunity
- Convert Lead
- Update Salesforce Demo
Take action without leaving Slack
Workbot for Salesforce brings the entire power of Salesforce right into Slack. You can command it to:
- List all your opportunities, products, cases, etc.
- View details of an opportunity, case, etc.
- Get summary of your accounts by the status they are in (this is in chart form)
- Create account, campaign, case and more
Train Workbot to adapt to your business with no coding!
We understand that every business is different and so is every Salesforce implementation. You need a bot that can be trained to adapt to your business needs. You need a way such that data across all the apps can be mapped, transformed, filtered, analyzed and charted in a variety of ways (such as by priority, date, location), with different thresholds (dollar amounts, number of support tickets) to trigger actions.
Workbot for Salesforce is powered by Workato’s powerful recipe platform. This lets you:
- Create custom commands and notifications for in minutes with no coding! The commands and notifications have the ability to use custom objects so that you can customize these to take advantage of your Salesforce implementation.
- Leverage the power of the Workato community of integration experts and citizen developers who have developed over 100,000 recipes.
- Bring context from over 150 apps and act on them across all your apps.
- Click here for More information on how to customize or create Workbot commands.
About the Author:
Sharon Klardie is a Salesforce Evangelist at Workato, a Salesforce MVP and User Group Leader.