Since joining Workato earlier this year, I—along with my team—have been tasked with building a program that can help anyone, regardless of background, learn how automations can benefit them, their team, their organization and to be able to build and manage automations at scale.
The mission that we are on is huge. It’s to get every person and every organization in the world to realize the power of automation and to be able to build impactful ones themselves. Our Customer Success team and our Partners have helped thousands of organizations navigate their automation journeys—so there was a wealth of knowledge that my team could tap into to get things started.
I’m proud to announce that we’ve officially unveiled a certification and training program that addresses these very needs. We’ve dubbed it: Automation Institute.
The institute is 100% online, and it will help you:
- Identify the best opportunities for automation within your team
- Build automations in collaboration with your team or across teams
- Drive and manage automations at scale in your organization
- Rethink what you and your team are capable of
The courses can be taken at your own pace, and are free—because we want to help you deliver transformative automations across your enterprise.
Here’s more on the individual courses you can take, the certificates you can earn at present, and the exclusive community you can join afterwards.
Take Courses that Cover Core Automation Principles and More Nuanced Topics
We’re starting with the following courses (we’ll be releasing function-specific learning paths over the coming months!):
- Automation Pro I: New to automation? Looking to brush up on the fundamentals? If your answer is yes to either question, then this is the course to get started with! You’ll learn about recipes (the steps Workato follows to get work done between your apps), and you’ll discover how to build any using trigger conditions, data mapping, etc.
- Automation Pro II: Once you’re comfortable with the fundamentals, you can take this course to learn more advanced features that come with automation-building and managing them at scale. This includes topics like error-monitoring and handling, conditional actions, and lookup tables.
- Specialized Courses: To really master automation, you need to build a diverse range of skills. Our specialized courses (which we’ll continue to add to) can help.
For instance, our Workbot Builder Course will teach you how to use Workbot (our enterprise platform bot) as part of your workflow automations; while our Continuous Value Reporting course will give you the know-how to analyze and track the business benefit of any automation.
Earn Certificates that Provide the Validation You Need to Grow Your Career
After passing each course, you’ll receive a certificate that demonstrates your expertise in automation.
Want to impress your network on Linkedin? Simply add your new certificates in the “Licenses & Certifications” section of your Linkedin profile.
Looking to include these new credentials in your resume? You can list them out and provide a link to each—where recruiters and managers can verify that you’ve passed the course.
Expand Your Network and Learn from Peers by Joining Automation Pros
One of the key realizations we had early on was that for us to achieve our huge, somewhat daunting goal, we needed to build a community — A community of automation experts that anyone could tap into to share best practices and get advice at both a tactical and a strategic level.
So, once you’ve passed a course in Automation Institute, you’ll gain access to an exclusive community of like-minded individuals (we’re calling it “Automation Pros”) who use automations to drive growth at their organizations.
As a part of this community, you’ll have ample opportunities to network, ask burning questions, and get practical tips for improving any facet related to automations.
We are on a big mission and this is just the start. Over the coming months, we’ll be releasing courses catering to functional teams (eg. RevOps, HR, Finance, IT, and more) led by experts in each field.
In the meantime, you can get started by enrolling here, or by clicking “Training & Certification” under your profile menu in the Workato application.
Before You Go…
I want to recognize the core team that helped execute this massive initiative:
- Ying Han Cheng
- Mary Gabriola
- Louise Cruz
- Kenneth Tesalosa
- Joshe San Miguel
A big thank you to everyone involved. We are so excited to bring these courses to you!
Ready to get started?
You can apply your learnings from our Automation Institute by signing up for a free trial.