Workato launched a Digital Automation Hub in Singapore to accelerate automation adoption in APAC

Digital Automation Hub

On April 21st, we launched Singapore’s first Digital Automation Hub to help enterprises use automation to transform their businesses. The Hub will also be home to Workato’s second global headquarters, allowing us to continue growing our presence in Asia Pacific and Japan (APJ). 

Singapore has always been a strategic launchpad for Workato, given its reputation for economic growth, ease of doing business, and stability. Since opening our first office there in 2015 we haven’t looked back: We now have 130 employees in Singapore and 300 in APJ. 

The Hub, and the commitments we announced surrounding its opening, will allow us to strengthen our leadership in enterprise automation throughout the region. 

You can read on to learn about our plans for using the Hub and the exciting announcements we made.

1. We’ll grow our headcount in the region by 5x over the next three years

We’ll be committing S$300M to create 700 skilled jobs in Singapore by 2025 (increasing our headcount by 5x). In 2022 alone, we aim to add 120 technical and non-technical jobs, nearly doubling our headcount in the region.

Of the 700 new roles, 45% will be technical roles, such as engineering and data analytics, while the remaining 55% will be non-technical, such as human resources and marketing. 

2. The Hub will also serve as a learning space for the community 

The Hub will provide a shared environment where business leaders, automation experts, and enthusiasts can meet, learn, and consult. The discussions can be wide ranging, where individuals can engage in collective problem-solving, exchange ideas, and more. 

Businesses and partners will also be invited to book complimentary consultations with Workato’s in-house automation experts, where they can discuss their automation problems and seek expert advice on how to orchestrate a modern end-to-end automation strategy

3. We’ll help turn automation into a profession

We believe that training and education is vital to helping the region advance along its automation maturity.

With this in mind, we inked Memorandums of Understanding with three institutes of higher learning: Singapore Polytechnic, Singapore University of Social Sciences, and Ngee Ann Polytechnic. Under these agreements, we plan to roll out automation modules and courses, as well as provide industry engagement opportunities for students and mid-career professionals.

The Hub will also host some of these training and certification programs in the hopes of building a vibrant community of citizen integrators and automation enthusiasts from all backgrounds. 

Helping enterprises become unstoppable in the age of automation

From creating a community space for citizen integrators to helping individuals build a career in automation, the launch of the Digital Automation Hub marks a significant milestone for the Workato team. 

Companies in APJ are increasingly recognizing enterprise automation as the next big frontier in their digitalization journeys. And now, with the Hub in place, we stand ready to partner with and support them even further as they push towards their automation goals.