Keep up with the latest updates we’ve made in Workato.
Use Copilot to generate recipe descriptions
Copilot will now be able to help you generate recipe descriptions in a few seconds, so you spend less time writing and get your projects to production faster. This functionality utilizes the recipe and any called recipe functions to ensure accuracy, without accessing any job-related information. You can learn more about Copilot here.
New navigation item: Platform
Within the Workato app, you will now see a new left navigation header: Platform. Platform houses core functionality, such as API management, event streams (formerly Pub/Sub), Workflow apps, Workbot, and more.
In-app communication now available in Workflow Apps
Users can now use comments to communicate about requests in the Workflow apps portal. This addition enables users to collaborate on requests without leaving the apps portal. Comments are displayed alongside the request status changes, providing an easy view to see how a request is progressing.
Comments work out of the box and do not require any configuration. Each comment also creates an email notification for users involved in the particular request.
Workato Pub/Sub is now Workato Event Streams
Workato Pub/Sub has been rebranded to Event Streams to reflect the product capability more accurately. Here's how the rebranding will affect users:
- Workato PubSub is now Workato Event Streams
- PubSub topics are now referred to as Event topics
- In Workato’s documentation, Event Streams have been moved from the connectors section to a dedicated Event Streams section.
Community Connectors: What’s new in January
We've rolled out 14 new or updated connectors this month! Exciting additions include the HL7 connector for seamless health data exchange and the ServiceNow (Custom) - CMDB connector for efficient workflow automation. Plus, we've enhanced connectors like Microsoft Graph API, Abbyy Flexicapture, and Solace for additional features. Dive into the full update here for a closer look at these connectors and more.
API Proxy now available for API Platform
Users can now create API proxy collections that serve as an intermediary between an API client and an existing API server.
Rather than clients sending requests directly to your API, they can send requests to a secure proxy endpoint configured in Workato. This extends the benefits of Workato's modern API gateway to your existing API servers, including secure authentication protocols, monitoring, and access control features.
API Proxy is a lightweight service built for handling high volume with low latency. Highlights include:
- Simple configuration via Workato UI
- High capacity (upwards of 10k RPS)
- Low latency of 5ms
- No concurrency limit
This feature is available to all API Platform customers.
On-prem Agent (OPA) 23.0 Release
- Kafka: added support for Protobuf schema format.
- HTTP: the agent now correctly handles cases where the remote server responds before the request completes.
- HTTP: requests can now pass through a configured proxy server.
- Hardening: fixed bug where agent failed to reconnect when using a proxy server.
- JMS: fixed message parsing when sending from non-JMS applications.
- TLS: added support for ECC private keys and certificates.
- MS SQL: fixed connection problem when using ActiveDirectory authentication method.
- SAP: implemented sending IDoc batches to Workato webhook.
- SAP: support for receiving outbound IDocs from SAP for all partner types.
- SAP: keep NUMC data types as strings instead of integers.
- Security: updated Java to version 21.0.2+13.
- Security: updated Spring Framework to version 6.1.2, Spring Boot to 3.2.2, AWS SQS messaging library to 2.1.1
See the OPA release notes for this and previous updates to OPA.
Enhanced Webhook Reliability and Observability
The recent updates to the webhook gateway highlight enhancements in reliability and observability. These include extended JSON validation and UTF-8 encoding validation, offering improved visibility into potential issues with webhook payloads. Furthermore, the introduction of guaranteed at-most-once processing with X-Workato-Dedup headers and backup webhook pipelines enhances the platform's resilience, ensuring consistent service delivery, even during unforeseen events.
Page Data Pills and Conditionals in Workflow Apps
Users can now build dynamic pages in Workflow Apps by using data pills in their pages. Available data includes:
- User data (e.g. user name, user id, and email)
- Request data (e.g. request stage, request created by user, request data columns)
- Page data (e.g. any editable fields on the current page)
Data pills can be used to create conditional logic in pages just like with recipes. This enables dynamic functionality like:
- Personalizing page messaging to the current user
- Showing/hiding certain components based on page data (e.g. display an input field if other is selected in drop down)
- Constructing dynamic URLs with embedded data from current page
- Making page components required or readonly based on other answers within a page
On-prem Agent (OPA) logs now available in Logging Service
By default, this feature is disabled, but it can be enabled in workspaces with OPA and Logging Service via the on-prem group level settings.