Keep up with the latest updates we’ve made in Workato.
What’s new with connectors: January edition
A small improvement has been made to our Workday freeform XML feature. To make things even easier, you can get syntax highlighting when crafting your XML payload.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM
We're finally updating this connector’s name from Microsoft Dynamics CRM to Microsoft Dynamics 365—so you know you're getting the latest version of the software.
To solve the occasional timeout issue with the new/updated employee trigger, we’ve released a reports-based trigger that aligns with BambooHR's recommendations for fetching large volumes of employee data.
You can now uncompress files up to 500 MB— that's a 200 MB increase from the previous limit!
We've introduced streaming uploads, which means we break down your files into smaller chunks and transfer them over. This means you can now transfer large volume files to Egnyte in your recipes, with ease.
We are removing support for the Splunk connector since our customers have moved on to other data platforms.
Facebook (or should I say Meta?) is deprecating their v12.0 API so we’ve upgraded us to v15.0.
On-prem Agent (OPA) 2.17.0 release
- JMS, Kafka, SAP: additional firewall configuration for their triggers will no longer be required
- Security: updated to TLSv1.3 to enable gateway tunnel connections
- Performance: buffering for database-related requests disabled for lower memory consumption
- Kafka: support for AVRO-encoded message keys added
- Kafka: kafka-clients library has been upgraded to version 7.3.1-ccs
- SAP: support for TYPE_UTCLONG data type added
- SAP: stateful RFC support implemented (requires SAP JCo library version 3.1.7. or later)
- MySQL: timezone issue for datetime columns in version 8 fixed
- MySQL: result set streaming is now enabled by default
See OPA Release Notes.
Get real-time status alerts for incidents
Configure client access with greater security
Parse Excel files using Python
Our Python connector has been updated to support the parsing and handling of Excel files. Use xlrd and openpyxl data for reading or writing to and from Excel files.
SQL Transformations for ETL/ELT (beta)
SQL Transformations is a new connector that allows users to query through large volumes of data from multiple sources, within the recipes. The transformed data can further be loaded to any destination or stored as a file for future use within Workato.
This beta connector release is a major enhancement for ETL/ELT capabilities. To learn more please visit the documentation.
SCIM Provisioning allows our customers to automate the entire user lifecycle management process. From the time a user joins the company and needs access to Workato (provisioning), requires more privileges (profile updates), and finally, to the time they leave (de-provisioning). This eliminates any manual and error prone actions that IT admins must take on the Workato platform as provisioning actions will be automatically synced with their identity provider (IdP) like Okta, OneLogin etc.. This release includes:
- Full lifecycle management actions (Create users, update user attributes like workato_role, and de-provision users with supported IdP's like Okta, OneLogin, CyberArk Idaptive)
- Ability to provision single or multiple Workato Workspaces from identity platforms
- Ability to remove environment / Workspace access from identity platforms
- Ability to provision, update, de-provision users at the individual or group level
- Track all access related changes on audit logs across all environments and differentiate between automatic and manual changes
Learn more about account provisioning with SCIM by checking out the documentation.
Oracle Fusion Cloud connector
Users can now connect up to 20 Oracle Fusion Cloud business modules in one place. Go to this documentation page to see which modules are covered.
On-prem Agent (OPA) 2.16.0 release
This release introduces a stricter validation of third-party TLS certificates. This can affect how HTTP connectors behave, and self-signed certificates may require additional setup.
- HTTP: trustAll default behavior is updated, support for self-signed certificates and mTLS added
- HTTP: Bad Request errors while using encoded characters fixed
- JMS: connector no longer uses local database to store JMS subscriptions
- JMS: support for High Availability mode added
- Kafka: support for message headers added
- Security: Vertx, Netty and Jetty libraries upgraded to the latest versions
- Database: bulk triggers support added
- Linux: fontconfig and bash dependencies for Linux DEB/RPM packages added
- SAP: support of SAP JCo version 3.0. discontinued (SAP JCo version 3.1 or later is required)
- SAP: SAP RFC connector no longer attempts to subscribe for inbound IDOCs if program_id is missing
- SAP: RFC connector now ignores redundant IDOC releases
- SAP: system information can be retrieved even if EP8 is not installed
- SAP: On-prem Agent must now be explicitly authorized to use function module OCS_GET_INSTALLED_SWPRODUCTS
See OPA Release Notes in docs.