Keep up with the latest updates we’ve made in Workato.
Introducing Public Key Rotation via API
Our commitment to security is unwavering. In this exciting release, we're introducing an API endpoint that allows customers to seamlessly rotate public keys used for JWT tokens.
Key Features & Changes:
- Public Key Rotation via API: Enhance your security posture by rotating your RSA Public Key directly through our new API, without the need to communicate them in plain text.
- Retrieve Your Workato Embedded Vendor ID: In the API response, you can easily retrieve the
vendor_id, which provides the essential Workato Embedded Vendor ID for JWT.
- Updated Terminology: We're continuously improving clarity! The term previously known as the OEM Vendor API Key has now been renamed to "Workato Embedded Vendor ID" in our documentation.
Longer timeouts for API requests
You can now increase timeout durations—from the default 30 seconds, up to 240 seconds for the endpoints that need it. Just note that this works only for endpoints created on the API platform.
Better quality of service and stability with API throttling
API requests that exceed the workspace’s concurrency limit will no longer be rejected. Instead, when API requests spike, API throttling will come into play. This will delay the requests a little, depending on their size.
API Clients enhanced
We introduced API Clients for Developer APIs this January, which allows users to grant clients granular role and project-based app access. It’s now enhanced with:
- IP Whitelisting
- Developer APIs to manage API clients
- Support for project-level lookup tables, project properties, API Platform collections and API Platform Clients
- Recipe Operator connector support for API Client tokens
See API Clients’ documentation for more.
Configure client access with greater security
Recipe Trigger Reset for Developer & Embedded API
The enhanced recipe API allows resetting one or more recipes either manually on an ad-hoc basis or through automations. Resetting a trigger makes it forget the data that it has picked up in the past so it will pick up the same historical data again. This is a great way to do a full data refresh for data replication, master data management, or reverse ETL type of use case. Click to learn more about reset API.
Basic auth support for the API Platform
The API platform now supports authentication via basic auth, in addition to Oauth 2.o, JSON Web Tokens, and more.
Simplify API authentication with OpenID Connect
Authenticate to Workato APIs with OpenID Connect to centralize permission management in your Identity Platform.
Reduce API latency with zero-logging
Reduce the latency of API requests by disabling logging for an API recipe.