Keep up with the latest updates we’ve made in Workato.
New BambooHR triggers and actions
Users can now leverage new BambooHR triggers and actions for HR reports and processing time-off requests.
Check out the full list of BambooHR triggers and actions.
On-prem Agent (OPA) 2.17.0 release
- JMS, Kafka, SAP: additional firewall configuration for their triggers will no longer be required
- Security: updated to TLSv1.3 to enable gateway tunnel connections
- Performance: buffering for database-related requests disabled for lower memory consumption
- Kafka: support for AVRO-encoded message keys added
- Kafka: kafka-clients library has been upgraded to version 7.3.1-ccs
- SAP: support for TYPE_UTCLONG data type added
- SAP: stateful RFC support implemented (requires SAP JCo library version 3.1.7. or later)
- MySQL: timezone issue for datetime columns in version 8 fixed
- MySQL: result set streaming is now enabled by default
See OPA Release Notes.
Get real-time status alerts for incidents
We have launched status pages for each region, so users can monitor our systems’ status, check for incidents—and subscribe to email updates.
Configure client access with greater security
With API Clients, users can now grant clients granular role and project-based app access. For greater security, view-once tokens are now available. Read this update’s documentation, or go to the revamped Workspace Access to start configuring.
Parse Excel files using Python
Our Python connector has been updated to support the parsing and handling of Excel files. Use xlrd and openpyxl data for reading or writing to and from Excel files.
SQL Transformations for ETL/ELT (beta)
SQL Transformations is a new connector that allows users to query through large volumes of data from multiple sources, within the recipes. The transformed data can further be loaded to any destination or stored as a file for future use within Workato.
This beta connector release is a major enhancement for ETL/ELT capabilities. To learn more please visit the documentation.
SCIM Provisioning allows our customers to automate the entire user lifecycle management process. From the time a user joins the company and needs access to Workato (provisioning), requires more privileges (profile updates), and finally, to the time they leave (de-provisioning). This eliminates any manual and error prone actions that IT admins must take on the Workato platform as provisioning actions will be automatically synced with their identity provider (IdP) like Okta, OneLogin etc.. This release includes:
- Full lifecycle management actions (Create users, update user attributes like workato_role, and de-provision users with supported IdP's like Okta, OneLogin, CyberArk Idaptive)
- Ability to provision single or multiple Workato Workspaces from identity platforms
- Ability to remove environment / Workspace access from identity platforms
- Ability to provision, update, de-provision users at the individual or group level
- Track all access related changes on audit logs across all environments and differentiate between automatic and manual changes
Learn more about account provisioning with SCIM by checking out the documentation.
Oracle Fusion Cloud connector
Users can now connect up to 20 Oracle Fusion Cloud business modules in one place. Go to this documentation page to see which modules are covered.
On-prem Agent (OPA) 2.16.0 release
This release introduces a stricter validation of third-party TLS certificates. This can affect how HTTP connectors behave, and self-signed certificates may require additional setup.
- HTTP: trustAll default behavior is updated, support for self-signed certificates and mTLS added
- HTTP: Bad Request errors while using encoded characters fixed
- JMS: connector no longer uses local database to store JMS subscriptions
- JMS: support for High Availability mode added
- Kafka: support for message headers added
- Security: Vertx, Netty and Jetty libraries upgraded to the latest versions
- Database: bulk triggers support added
- Linux: fontconfig and bash dependencies for Linux DEB/RPM packages added
- SAP: support of SAP JCo version 3.0. discontinued (SAP JCo version 3.1 or later is required)
- SAP: SAP RFC connector no longer attempts to subscribe for inbound IDOCs if program_id is missing
- SAP: RFC connector now ignores redundant IDOC releases
- SAP: system information can be retrieved even if EP8 is not installed
- SAP: On-prem Agent must now be explicitly authorized to use function module OCS_GET_INSTALLED_SWPRODUCTS
See OPA Release Notes in docs.
On-Prem Agent IP Allow List
While each Workato data center has its own IPs to use for outbound allow lists, there is a need to restrict inbound requests to Workato for OPA usage. This is where the On-Prem Agent allow lists helps solve for this. Admins can easily add an IP allow list at the group level to restrict agents in the group. These additional IP restrictions will help organizations increase their security by decreasing their network attack surface.