Why you should automate with GitHub
Streamline DevOps workflows
Why these integrations and automations matter:Developers often work closely with IT to build products, test versions, and resolve issues. Make it easy for these teams to stay on the same page by integrating their project management apps.
Sync tasksEnable any issue you create or edit in GitHub to be automatically reflected as a corresponding record in an IT ticketing app like ServiceNow or Jira Service Desk. By connecting the platforms, you can keep developers from asking IT to log into GitHub when they need support and, instead, let IT see issues in the platform they already use.
Do everything in one place
Customize your GitHub integration with the following triggers and actions.
When this happens…
- Closed issueClosed issues in Github
- New issueNew issue in Github
- New or updated issue Real-timeNew or updated issues in GitHub
- New or updated milestone Real-timeNew or updated milestone in GitHub
- New or updated pull request Real-timeNew or updated pull request in GitHub
- New PRNew PR in Github
- New updated issue comment Real-timeNew/updated issue comment in GitHub
Any other trigger you can think up
- Custom actionCustom action in GitHub (Custom)
- Create comment in an issueCreate comment in an issue in GitHub
- Create issueCreate issue in Github
- Get issue or PR detailsGet issue or PR details in GitHub
- List statuses for a refList statuses for a Ref in GitHub
- Search issues/pull requestsSearch issues/pull requests in Github
- Update issueUpdate issue in Github
Any other action you can think up
Let us tailor your GitHub integrations
The wonders of Workato
Easily set up as many intelligent automations you need.
- 1000s of ready-to-use templates
- Accelerate work with intelligent automation
- Do it yourself, faster
- Build bots. Put them to work
Market leaders run on Workato
Related Solutions & Content
About GitHub Integrations
For most collaborative software development projects, version control is absolutely essential to the integrity of your code. GitHub is a popular Git hosting platform that lets your team collaborate on code using a cloud-based graphical interface. It also enables access control and provides collaboration features like task lists and wikis for hosting documentation.
How you can integrate GitHub
- Generate a configurable development environment instantly with Codespaces.
- Record and reverse changes to your code to keep developers in sync.
- Save time by reusing code from the platform’s software package registry.
- Test and secure your code as you write it by scanning it with CodeQL.