Keep up with the latest updates we’ve made in Workato.
Recipe Trigger Reset for Developer & Embedded API
The enhanced recipe API allows resetting one or more recipes either manually on an ad-hoc basis or through automations. Resetting a trigger makes it forget the data that it has picked up in the past so it will pick up the same historical data again. This is a great way to do a full data refresh for data replication, master data management, or reverse ETL type of use case. Click to learn more about reset API.
Granular Permissions for Environment Properties
As part of an effort to provide more granular permissions across the platform, Properties are now called “Environment Properties” as they are global properties on an environment level. This allows more control and protection when using Environment Properties.
Previously “full access” was the only permission. New permissions are now available:
- Edit records,
On-Prem Agent (OPA) 2.15.0 Release
- Configuration: added cloud profiles support which allows setting up on-prem connections directly in Workato.
- JMS: added support for headers and binary messages.
- Network: rolled back to default TLS implementation and SNI.
- Network: fixed bug during gateway reconnection.
- Security: upgraded to JRE 17.0.5+8.
- Security: upgraded Commons Text library.
See OPA Release Notes in docs.
Cloud Profiles for On-Prem Agents (OPA)
A single Workato on-prem agent (OPA) can connect to multiple on-prem applications. However, managing these require editing an on-prem agent config file. A cloud profile is a new way of setting a connection for on-prem agent directly in Workato. Connecting an agent to new resources is now much easier and doesn’t require direct access to the machine where the agent runs. This allows for a more centralized management of OPA agents.
More information can be found in the following docs:
- What’s a cloud profile and a list of supported adapters
- How to create an on-prem group that supports cloud profiles
Collaborator roles sync enhancement for SAML SSO
With this SAML SSO enhancement, you will now be able to manage the roles of your collaborators from your identity provider that you used to configure SAML SSO. This allows you to govern roles you already use without having to duplicate in Workato, allowing for a more efficient way of managing role changes across different workspaces.
What this means:
- Admins no longer need to manage collaborator roles manually on the Workato platform
- Users are able to provision / de-provision environment-specific access to your collaborators from their identity provider via custom / system roles.
- Workato roles are automatically synced and updated from user profile data on your organization’s identity provider each time a user signs into Workato via SAML SSO
Announcing Japan Data Center
Our Japan data center is now up, making it our fourth one after the US, Europe and Singapore.
This gives Japanese customers better security and more control over where their data is stored and processed.
Impact on recipes with changed trigger minimized
Embedded partners managing recipe lifecycles will be happy to know that recipe restarts are now kept to the minimum.
Restarts are now only required when there’s a change in the imported recipe’s app trigger, trigger input or trigger connection.
New authentication types for Shopify
With our Global OAuth App installation blocked, we have launched two new authentication types for Shopify: OAuth2.0 and access token.
Simplified limits to webhook gateway
For easier understanding, our limits to webhook gateways have been simplified to:
- Rate limits: 72,000 events per hour or 18,000 events in a burst
- Byte limits: 30MB per minute or 30MB in a burst
See more details on rate limits and byte limits.
File streaming support on Connector SDK
With file streaming now available on Connector SDK, users can now build custom connectors that transfer large files of more than 10GB—to and from our library of connectors.
See these how-to guides to start using Workato’s file streaming library.